Spinach can be juiced, put in salads, sandwiches, creamed, and so much more. Here are a few ways I’ve used it.
- In a pan, add a little olive oil. The spinach will wilt so much that you don’t want too much oil to make it soggy. The spinach can also look like it’s over crowding the pan, but you can pile it pretty high.
- On medium heat, slowly stir, letting the several layers wilt.
- Add minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- That’s it! SO good as a side for rice and stir–fried meat.
This is how much the same pan reduced down. I leave the garlic pieces a little bit chunkier in this dish and it’s amazing.
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
This was soo good that we forgot to take an official photo. This picture was found but it captures the need we had to cut up crostini bread to eat with the dip right away.
- 1 small package (10 oz.) of frozen chopped spinach
- equal parts chopped artichoke hearts (jarred, canned, or frozen, doesn’t matter)
- 1 package (6 to 8 oz.) of cream cheese.. Melt slightly in microwave.
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper
Serve at room temperature or warm.
Great as a salad or as the greens in a hearty sandwich.